February 20, 2009

Living with the beasts

Something that the news anchor said turned my attention from the book i was reading to the TV screen. It was a report on Al Qaeda on Headlines today, a prominent English News Channel in India.
The report was about Al Qaeda's new method of recruiting young women as suicide bombers. It unfolded the horrific truth about the terrorist group. They recruited young women into their group by brutally raping them and making them totally outcast in the highly conservative Islamic society. They were taken away from their family and raped several times by the chiefs and were left with the option of giving up their life for the "noble" cause or being an outcast. They even employ councilors for recruiting these broken hearts. These young women at the tender age of 16-19 years are left with no choice but to obey them.
I cannot express in words how horrified and terrible I felt after watching this report. How can people be so cruel and inhuman? I cant imagine how they turned out to be like this. I mean... they too were once innocent children who had played and enjoyed with others like everyone else.
I wonder how they would feel if someone showed them and made them aware how innocent and angelic they were once when they were kids..
I have always thought about a possible means to end this horrific act of terrorism, but right after watching this report the first thing that came to my mind is the most cruellest thing that i have even thought about... Frankly, if I had got any of those beasts right then, I would just want to inflict as much pain to them as possible. I know im being cruel.. but what other punishment can you give them. Getting a head shot from an M16 rifle is the most gentle punishment they will ever get...
Another thing i need to know is what is it that makes this god so busy to not to see all this...
So how can it be ended once 'n for all?
By killing them all? No.. I dont think so..Wiping out people doesnt kill the idea that they are forced to believe in.. So how can this idea be wiped away... By education, making them think on their own? Again another contradiction- Most of this terrorist leaders and followers are educated men.. mostly engineers.
Then what is the magic cure for this devastating plague?
Can we just accept the American method?
But these images tell otherwise...


I dont.. I dont really know..All I know is I dont want to live with these beasts - who prey upon my fellow beings...

10 comments:

Dhanya said...

It's a sad reality.. Don't think there is much that we can do :(

Paige said...

unfortunate isn't it? United States - supposedly the bastion of liberalism and democracy. Even though my heart goes to all the women that are being treated terribly, I just can't accept how the U.S respond to these things. I feel that its just making it worse. Also, I can't believe Al Qaeda does all these things for their "noble" cause! There is nothing noble about what they're doing! It's a mockery to their beliefs and a mockery to ours as well.

btw, I am very interested in exchanging links. I already linked your blog to mine. thanks

Amal Bose said...

thats right.. there is absolutely nothing noble in it... but they are just ruining the trust we have on the Islamic religion making it the symbol of terror.. the true Muslims who like everyone else believe in peace for all are the real victims here.

Amal Bose said...

@ Dhanya..
but.. can we leave it as it is and do nothing about it??

Anonymous said...

interesting topic but sad indeed. how can we help?

Amal Bose said...

im not very sure..
some options r
kill them all.. n prevent anymore people from becoming a terrorist.
Now that is what we have to start thinking about...

Anonymous said...

Sad to hear that these things happen in our society.


Realities and Realizations

Innovations and Services

R V said...

It is a very heinous act of brutality. A real shame for humanity.

swunnava said...

i think people are being misled by negative forces which are myopic and selfish. Nobody is willing to take the blame or cause for a peacefule resolution.
economics are playing a pivotal role than humanitarian forces.
God bless the brave.

swunnava said...

dont forget to say thanks to people you miss and dont be nearsighted for gods sake.