March 17, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

Ive just been awarded the Honest Scrap Award by Tina. And Im really greatful to her for giving me my very first award.
It was today morning that i saw the scrap from her and im still in cloud 9. It really lightened up my day.. which was supposed to be a very dull day, coz i had my exams today..

I need to fulfill some requirements before i can pass this along to another fellow blogger.To quote from Tina’s blog, here are the requirements:

“This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.”

“When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!”

So here goes the 10 honest things about me:

1. I dont like dogs... or.. the right thing would be im afraid fo them. It started right from when i was about 4-5 years old when I visited my grandparents in Perinad. My grand mother was doing something outside the house and ran to her. What i didnt see was the neighbour's dog near her and it started running after me. I remember running in circles with this dog.. whose name happened to be Danger btw.. chasing me. May be it was just playing, but it really scared the sh*t out of me. Since that incident when ever i see a dog, my heart beat climbs to staggering heights. I think ive even heart my own heart beat once.. that was not the only time i was chased by dogs - once i was chased by my Aunt's dog till i climbed a wall to get away from. "It just wants to play with you" was all i got as a reward for all my athletic work. Like Chandler in F.R.I.E.N.D.S, i consider them jumpy and unpredictable.

2. I luuuuuuv pencil sketching.. though i do painting once a while its pencil drawing that im really interested in. But after getting into college am not getting enough time to draw.. even if i start on a work, i may not complete it.. one is still with me waiting for the final touches..

3. Saurav Ganguly was my favourite cricketer, and still is. I wont say he is the best ever player like most Dada fans, but he is one among the best and no one can deny it. I became his fan after watching him getting clean bowled on the very first ball of the innings.. that was a looong time ago when i was under the spell of Jayasurya. May be it was his looks that attracted me, or his incomparable batting style, but i was his fan ever since.

4. Regarding moves, i like thrillers and those with bitter endings.. the climax of Priyadarshan's Vandanam is one of my favourites. In real life, i dont think everything has a " happily ever after" ending.

5. Though i love to be with my friends or someone around me, i absolutely cherish the moments i spend alone. I well.. sort of speak to myself during those times.. no i dont have any loose nuts

6. Oprah Winfrey Show is one of my favourite talk shows.. i love that woman.

7. I like almost all kinds of music... from melodious to ROCK, Linkin Park and Evanescence being my favourites. I dont understand why most people just enjoy one form and critisize the other without even caring to alteast hear one.

8. My passion for doing things changes every time.. if its.. well studying Java this now, it would be web desing or networking (read hacking) after a while. It a bit disturbing sometimes..

9. I hate lying and liars.. I never do it, coz how can you look at the person concerned if he finds out what you have said or done. I really hate it.

10. Im a die hard Harry Potter fan.. and most importantly im not ashamed to say that to others.. i get a lot of teasing from my friends for this.. But i really dont care.

Now here are 7 of my friends who i believe deserve this award.

Life is BEAUTIFUL...

SPARK
Valiant Expressions
Moments today... Memories tomorrow!!!

Ruminations..
iPosts
Evincere...overcome

9 comments:

Admin said...

Congrats my dear friend. You blog is awesome and you do write very well. Keep it up :) And yes, it was really nice to know more about you. Thanks for being so honest !

mathew said...

thanks a lot for the award...such a pleasure and honour!;-)

btw nice to find a common trait here.coz i love pencil sketching too..used to do it quite regular several years ago..now sort of lost the habit...

i have been chased by a dog as a kid..but apart from that forgettable incident I love dogs and would love have one as a pet sometime..

thanks again for the award..

Mostly Dulcet said...

lol good post :) and dogs arent that bad.. you should try being friend with some pup.. they are wonderful.. trust me!

Dewdrop said...

Thanks for the award... have honoured it! :)

k.ø.c.h.ü said...

hey buddy thnx 4 de award...

Amal Bose said...

thank you all... :)

k.ø.c.h.ü said...

n hey dis blog is really cool..de lukks rock...

Dhanya said...

Thanks a lot for the award It's my first online award too :)

Anonymous said...

scrap awards..........here too..........!
need bpo jobs without a single rupee!!!!!!!! a genuine job from home.

Work from home